The massage room looked simple, neat and clean. Every room had an individual shower room, which was really nice and steamingly private ^_^ For today’s treatment, I had chosen Abhyanga Ayurvedic Massage simply because my body felt worn out and needed a lot of pampering. Abhyanga Ayurvedic Massage Treatment is a full body massage from head-to-toe using warm medicated oils, followed by a soothing steam bath.
Disposable undergarments, shower caps and disposable towels are very accessible. The therapist will leave you alone in the room to change into the therapy outfit and once you’re done, you need to ring a traditional bell to call the therapist back into your room again. The therapists are thoroughly professional in their approach and any sort of awkwardness concerning privacy is completely avoided.
As the massage progressed, it felt rejuvenating and I felt my body tone down as though a load was lifted off my back. Every flowing massage stroke caused a wave of relaxation to flow down my spine. Although the number of strokes and pressure used varies based on an individual requirement, every wave of relaxation had me begging for more. The pressured massage helps increase blood circulation, thereby channelizing rapid elimination of cellular toxins from the body. The herbs in the medicated oils revive body tissue by detoxifying at a subcellular level. Abhyanga prevents early wrinkles and scaling of skin, reduces joint stiffness & pain, while improving immune resistance power, decelerating the aging process, and hastening recovery from fatigue.
The Body Massage Treatment lasted 45 minutes. It started off with the head massage where the therapist applied oil first to the crown of the head and worked slowly out from there in circular strokes—spending a couple of minutes massaging the entire scalp. She then moved on to long strokes on the limbs (arms and legs) and circular strokes on the joints (elbows and knees) and finally massaged the feet.
The session went through so smoothly that it left me in a relaxation trance in which time just flew by. The therapist was very skillful, and I felt my body tension simmer down like ice cream over a hot brownie.
At the end of the massage, I enjoyed some steam which was followed by a hot steamy shower. There was plenty of shampoo and body wash available to wash of any residual oil on my skin. I then enjoyed a cup of green tea that was offered by the staff.
I loved the relaxing body massage, and could literally feel my stress melt away into the serene ambient music.
It is advisable to get Abhyanga at least once every 15 days.
- Nourishes the entire body—decreases the effects of aging
- Imparts muscle tone and vigor to the tissues of the body
- Imparts a firmness to the limbs & helps reduce body aches and pains-Pain Management
- Lubricates the joints
- Increases circulation
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body
- It is carried out as a precursor to other treatments for Gastric Problems
- Assists in elimination of impurities from the body.
- Improves body lymph flow, aiding in detoxification.
- Increases stamina.
- It improves the circulatory and lymphatic system of the body thereby enhancing the immunity system.
- Calms the nerves-Stress Reduction
- Benefits sleep—better, deeper sleep
- Enhances vision.
- Helps improve skin texture and helps exfoliate the skin. Regular application promotes hair-growth, declines premature greying and strengthens hair roots & base.
- Softens and smoothens skin; wrinkles are reduced and disappear.
- Cures spodylosis.
- It provides the much needed warmth and nourishment to individual muscle fibers by establishing proper blood supply and source of vital nutrients-Paralysis
- Helps loosen out excess subcutaneous body fats.-Weight Loss
Not recommended (contraindicated) in cases of : Acute illnesses and fever, extreme obesity, during menstruation, early pregnancy or in the few weeks after a heart attack.