Situated right in the heart of the swanky northern suburb of Borivali is Spice Republic, a trendy vegeterian eatery. The restaurant has a vivacious ambience, full of colour and is well spaced out to allow different seating arrangements ranging from pub-like seating to a more family oriented approach making it a joint for all occasions. The place has plenty of indirect sublight pouring in without the direct heat and is complimented by good cool temperature control which didn’t waver with the increase in number of patrons. The interiors are funky, vary in different parts of the restaurant and give the joint a cheerful and fun aura.
Here is what we tried out:
Desi boys (Green apple) : Apple juice infused with mint, black salt,lemon juice soda & sprite. The rock salt gives a chatpata taste to this mocktail – a must try!
Kiss on the beach : Orange juice with cranberry juice, grenadine syrup, soda. This was a more peaceful straightforward drink – fresh and chilled.
Peach Smoothie: Great texture and a delightful peachiness make this drink my favourite!
Now coming to the food:
Mexican Tortilla & Red Beans Soup: This was a relatively spicy Tomato base red soup served with roasted and crushed tortilla chips and rajma beans complimented by soup bread sticks.
Cigar Rolls: Spicy veggies rolled in and deep fried, served with a yummy dip.
Panzanella: A classic Mediterranean Tuscan salad!
Mexican Quesadillas : A non spicy quesadilla filled with bell pepper,corn, cheese, and olives, in between mexican tortillas and grilled .Served with salsa and creamy sauce.
Grande Farmhouse fries: A huge serving of french fries soaked in a cheese fondue showered generously with crisp nachos, salsa refried beans, & chili mayo.
Oriental sizzler: This was the conventional veg sizzler with veg manchurian balls, sauteed exotic veggies, oriental rice topped with oriental sauce, and mashed potatoes. The taste of the oriental rice was really good and I liked the flavour it had in it.
Paneer Achari Tikka: Paneer marinated in red chilli paste with raw pickle powder and roasted in charcoal oven.
Paneer Pahadi Tikka: Tandoori paneer pieces with onions and capsicum in spicy spinach gravy.
Carrot Halwa Mousse: Mousse based gajar ka halwa on a base of crispy crunchy biscuit base. A must try!
Chocolate Soil: Cubes of chocolate and vanilla sponge cake drizzled wth hot sauce and soaked in a white cream sauce.
Sizzling chocolate waffles: Hot chocolate loaded waffles topped with vanilla ice cream.
What I liked about the place:
1. Ambiance is peppy and lively with bulb lighting, brick wall decor and qoutes all around.
2. Variety of cusines to choose from & great choice of mocktails to offer.
3. Staff are very helpful and attentive , the owners if around share detailed ingredients of the dish if you ask and also help pick the best dishes as per your taste and preference.
4. Menu and ambiance compliment each other perfectly
What I didn’t like that much :
1. I felt the chocolate soil was a bit on the dry side. So prehaps a little more chocolate sauce would be great.
2. The Panzanella is really good but I think black olives in it would be even better.
My Recommendations :
1. Grande Farmhouse fries
2. Mexican Tortilla & Red Beans Soup
3. Carrot Halwa
4. Sizzling Chccolate waffles
5. All mocktails are fabulous and unique in their own way!
1. A great place to chill with family or friends.
2. A variety of cusines to choose from to suit your tastebuds.
3. Prices are average and value for money.
Price: ₹1,000 for two people (approx.)